Penang Malaysia Hot Air Balloon Festival 2015


In 2014 I have visited Penang to visit the city and experience the Rich culture of Penang and the food. It was a four hours journey from Kuala Lumpur. Before I share my experience I would like to thanks http://gotourister.com/Penang-tours/ for arranging my value for money tours.

Upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport my driver and Guide was waiting for me at the airport and they were very friendly. It took me 1 hrs drive to Kuala Lumpur bus terminal and from there my guide helps me to take connecting bus to Penang. My bus ticket to Penang was ready in advance as I booked online my Penang tours and requested to arrange bus ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Penang.

After my 4 hours of Bus journey I arrived Penang Bus Terminal. Though my bus was 30minute delayed due to Jam on the Highway but I was really amazed to see smile friendliness of my Driver and Guide who were waiting for me quite long.  Penang is really different from Kuala Lumpur or other cities in Malaysia. It’s really having something which one has to go there and feel and experience it on your own.

 From Penang Bus Terminal to my Hotel was 40 minute journey I enjoyed my journey. My guide Mr. Tan share lots of information about Penang and also told me what are the places which I am going to visit next day.

Next Day Morning 9:00 am my Guide Mr. Tan and my driver was waiting for me at the lobby. My first place of visit was Penang Island Discovery Morning Tour. http://gotourister.com/tours/Penang/Penang-Island-Discovery-Morning-Tour/131

First I was headed to a Batik Factory to experience the traditional style of batik printing using wax and dyes. Explore the method of rubber tapping, spices and local Penang fruits on this discovery tour. And on my Next stop I visited the Malay Kampung  a traditional Malaysian village and meet the people there. I must tell Malay people are really friendly people and good to see their traditional Malay House. After visiting Malay village we moved to legendary Snake Temple, unique in the world which was built in the honour of Chor Soo Kong and has a number of poisonous snakes inside it, though they seem to have never bitten anyone.

On my journey back to hotel my guide Mr. Tan took me to Hot Air Balloon festival. I was really surprised as it was not on my itinerary but then Mr. Tan told me that we take our client to surprise visits to new places if it’s happening in Penang.  Hot Air Balloon festival happens at Padang Polo ground and it’s happen for 2 days from 6am to 9pm.

I wanted to buy ticket and it cost me MYR 25 per person while a cold inflation balloon at RM5 per person will allow everyone to walk into the hot air balloon interior for photo opportunities. Strictly no reservations or pre-selling of tickets.

Please make note, Ticket purchase will be available to the first 180 visitor per day and the maximum number of people can take ride is 4 person not more than that. I was recommended from the instructor the one must wear light clothing such as Pant and shorts. It was really amazing to Penang from TOP and heritage buildings were really amazing and great view of the sea.

Besides the impressive hot air balloons, there will be family-friendly activities such as fun inflatable playgrounds, creative workshops, archery, colouring contest, paramotor performance, remote plane/helicopter and more.

After then balloon tour I went back to my hotel with my guide and driver. It was really an amazing journey and I will be coming back to Penang again.


In 2015 balloon festival is happening again on 21Feb-22Feb2015 in Penang. I would suggest every traveler reading my blog please visit Penang to experience its culture and food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malaysia Alarmed After 3,000 Chinese Tourists Cancel Trip Due to Tourism Tax